The company was formed in 1921 by John Bayne, an experienced farmer, and his brother, who was a butcher.
Our bakery in Lochore was opened in 1954 by John Bayne, which was the start of Bayne’s the Family Bakers. This was in reaction to the demand for Scotch pies and steak pies for the ‘pit canteens’ in the early 1950’s.
The company started with two stores; one in Rosyth and the other in Lochore. Three vans also delivered rolls early in the morning directly to the customers’ doorsteps.
In 1964 Stanley Bayne took over the reins of the company and saw changes in the marketplace, which allowed him to expand the business from just two shops to 25 by 1994. It was in 1994 that we built a bespoke bakery and head office in Lochore to meet the needs of our expanding business.
In 2009 we completed an extension to the bakery, which allowed us to install state of the art equipment. This development put us in a strong position to continue to build our business.
We have opened new stores throughout Fife, Dundee, Perth and Stirling areas. In 2011 we opened our first stores in the Edinburgh and the Lothians. We look forward to continuing our growth and offering delicious products and great service to all our existing and new customers.